<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://freshlynoted.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
freshly noted: 12 kits of christmas: january with renee

1.31.2012

12 kits of christmas: january with renee


I am really excited to be telling you about a new group some of us formed just before Christmas. I was emailing with Renee about how sad I was that I didn't get to use all my new Christmas supplies this year. We came up with "The 12 Kits of Christmas" as a way of being better prepared for Christmas next year by making holiday cards year-round. Actually, the "strategy" was all Renee's idea because she is in another group with a similar game-plan.

Here's how it works: There are 12 of us, and each person takes turn hosting the challenge each month by mailing to each of the other group members a kit full of supplies - stamped images, patterned papers, bling, ribbon, etc. Any company, any style...it's all up to the hostess that month. Everybody in the group receives the SAME kit of ingredients, and each of us makes a card (or several cards) in secret using those supplies. On the last day of the month, we all post our creations...the fun is seeing what everyone else made with the same ingredients. We are allowed to supplement the kits with supplies from our own stash, but when I do that I will point it out to you.

This month's hostess is Renee Lynch, and here is a shot of the haul we were sent...her arm must have been killing her from having to crank so many diecuts! Honestly, the amount of stuff she sent us was amazing:


I'm off to a great start for next Christmas. I made a total of five cards with Renee's kit and I could have made more if I hadn't gotten so tired! I'll start with my two favorites; one is totally "my style," and the other is more CAS:


On the next card, I added the sparkle paper from SU! as well as the sentiment from A Muse Studio, which was stamped in PTI Pure Poppy:



I don't know where Renee got the mirror paper, but is awesome!


That red polka dot paper was mine, too. It's from October Afternoon's Holiday Style line. I also added the embossed Santa image from Memory Box through the window:



Here you can see some of my coloring on that cute bird from Memory Box. I used Prismacolor pencils with gamsol:





Here is a list of everyone else in our group. Have fun hopping around and seeing our creations!


Jeanne: A Kept Life

As for me? You may not hear from me for a little while. I am going to be traveling for a few days for work, but I'll also be catching up with a couple groups of crafty friends while I'm there. Hopefully I get some fun pics to share when I return!

Have a great week!

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Safe travels Suzanne. This is such a fabulous idea. I love the silver bells card. So CAS and beautiful!

January 31, 2012 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

OMG!!!
LOVE all of these Sweets!!
They are all so fabulous...
from the sleigh ride...
to the silver bells...
and I die over that Santa stamp...
I HAVE to have now!
Will die if it does not come live at my house!
The trees...
everything is so incredibly gorgeous...
you make it all look so simple!
And I'm having so much fun with this...
I can't wait to get started on next months...
because I'm just loving everything and am ready to CASE with leftovers!

January 31, 2012 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Emily Keaton said...

A monthly kit with friends? What an awesome idea!! Love it completely. And you certainly rocked this month's kit. Look at all the fantastic cards you made!!

January 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

The little bird is perfect for the window. So cute!!

January 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Wow--you did an amazing job with the kit! I especially love the subtle embossed image behind your windows. But I'm a little jealous over your silver bells--were those in your kit? They look fantastic with the shimmer paper.

January 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Cathy Weber said...

Get used to the word WOW,because that were the first words out of my mouth this morning as I scrolled through your post with all those gorgeous cards! I absolutely every one of them, my favorite is the one with the beautiful snowy image behind the window. That embossed image is so beautiful. You set the bar very high, my friend. 5 cards! Wow.

January 31, 2012 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Ginger Claire said...

Loving all the ideas - so pretty

January 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh my goodness...those bells are just too adorable but then all of your cards are! I love the one using the window with the santa scene behind it, and all the glitter, just love it. Awesome ideas to CASE too!

January 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

What wonderful cards, Suzanne!

January 31, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Nancy Guse said...

It sounds like you are going to have fun!! The cards are beautiful!!

January 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Suzanne. Love the pretty died elements and colors. Especially love the window with the sweet bird. :o)

January 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Wow, these are amazing. I LOVE the one with the silver bells down the side, but those cards with the embossed images behind the windows are just stunning. BEAUTIFUL!

January 31, 2012 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

What an amazing collection of cards you have created. And all different styles, too. I love the sled in front of the tree in the first card, the simplicity and bling of the second card, the incredible scene you created in the third card behind the window, that adorably colored bird in the fourth card, and, my what a simple, beautiful scene in the fifth. Really? five cards--you are amazing.

January 31, 2012 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Sharron said...

Wow, these are all so FABULOUS! I like how you combined papers on the first one. Love your offset windows with the wonderful scenes outside! And of course the bells--SO adorable!! They all are just amazing!!!

January 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

What gorgeous cards, I love the mix of styles, and the creative way you used this fabby kit!

January 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Wow! Suzanne you made so many!! you will be set in Dec for sure! I love the silhouetted image behind the last two with windows!! Those bells are wonderful too!! Where'd ya get those?? *wink* *wink*

January 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah Frings said...

That's a fabulous set of cards - all so different! Love the first one with the gorgeous plaid paper.

January 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful cards Suzanne! Wow your new group is going to be the envy of card bloggers. ;)

January 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger The Paper Parade said...

Ok my favorite is absolutely the first one that is totally your style! I absolutely LOVE it!! I love the plaid paper, love that you put the sleigh in front of the tree and the great big bow! Wow :) I'm glad you got to use you're santa and sleigh stamp from Absolutely Everything, and you KNOW I love that little bird :) Oh and those silver bells...I wonder where you got those?! ;)

January 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

SO ADORABLE!!! I love that jingle bells card with the sparkle especially. :).

January 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Suzanne!!! Gosh I'm so glad you and Renee had this idea to do this! I had such a blast and now can't wait to CASE some of your ideas.........firstly....I need that stamp that is embossed behind the window. FANTASTIC! I also love how you added the holly dies to the bottom of the window....very cute way to dress up the window for sure. I think my favorite card is your favorite card! I love the layers of papers and die cuts espeicfally the sleigh and horse over the tree with that perfect matched sentiment! You are going to have a great stash when Christmas comes around this next year!

January 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Nice! The mirror paper is cool!

January 31, 2012 at 11:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy Mc said...

WOW, 5 beautiful cards, Suzanne! Love that you gals are doing this as will give so many awesome ideas to CASE so maybe I'll get a headstart on mine too. Off to continue hopping!

February 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Suzanne I dont see my comment, I know I typed it out last night maybe I never pressed send. Ugg so sorry!
Love all of your cards , they are so unique! ( maybe because you got extra supplies ) :) jk. Love the last one with the sleigh over the moon. Its just perfect for the window. The shinny bells are just beautiful, again sorry don't know what happened to the original comment. Was the spelling so bad you had to delete it! :) Beautiful and I had so much fun with our first kit. Thanks so much!

February 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Katie {choc0holic} said...

Wow...love these cards! That Christmas tree die is amazing! I think the first card is my favorite of the bunch!

February 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Jill Norwood said...

My oh my!!!! What beautiful cards! I love the sleigh bells in the mirror paper. The incredible first card with the sleigh and Cheery Lynn tree die! All the cards are so elegant - I am pinning for copying later - love them all!!!!! Thanks for such great inspiration! What fun!

May 31, 2012 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home